Participate in Vodafone Mobiles for Good
Vodafone is searching for the three best ideas for using mobile technology in the healthcare sector.
Vodafone has announced the launch of the Mobiles for Good Challenge, a competition open to organizations based in the Netherlands to identify the three best ideas for using mobile technology to improve health care and welfare. The winners will each receive 40,000 euros, office space in Amsterdam and professional coaching to accelerate the launch of their concept into the market. The Challenge was announced at the PICNIC Innovation Mash Up in Amsterdam on May 15.
Vodafone is a long-time PICNIC partner, having already organized the Mobile Clicks competition which identifies and supports the most promising mobile Internet start ups.
Jury and assessment criteria
Participants can present their ideas and receive expert advice during three workshops which will occur before the Challenge’s closing date on Friday, August 31st at 17:00. After a preliminary selection, six finalists will present their concept during live pitches to the jury at the PICNIC Festival in Amsterdam on September 18, 2012. The winners will be announced immediately afterwards.
The jury consists of:
- Louise Gunning, Chairman of the Executive Board, University of Amsterdam and the Hogeschool van Amsterdam;
- Patrick de Zeeuw, Co-founder and Board Member. Startup Bootcamp International;
- Rob Shuter, Chief Executive Officer, Vodafone Netherlands; and
- Marleen Stikker, Chief Executive Officer, Waag Society, and Chairman of the Board, PICNIC;
The assessment criteria for the Mobiles for Good Challenge include:
- the social impact for patients;
- technical, operational and economic feasibility;
- innovation, creativity and originality;
- a working prototype that can be tested;
- professionalism of the candidates, such as experience, knowledge, skills and network.
- The prize money of 120,000 euros will be divided into three prizes of 40,000 euros.
- All winners receive coaching from Vodafone.
- The three winners will receive office space on the sixth floor of Vodafone’s headquarters in Amsterdam.