Be smart: take the train or park your car and hop on the ferry to EYE!
We are pleased as punch that PICNIC Festival is almost sold out. We also want to make sure that you are all able to get to EYE Film Institute and spend the day with us as smoothly as possible. Therefore, we encourage everyone to come to the EYE Film Institute by train or park your car near Central Station and hop on the ferry.
Please come to the EYE Film Institute by public transportation! The parking lot behind the EYE Film Institute is small and cannot accommodate a lot of vehicles. It is far easier to come by train, or park your car near the station and hop on the free GVB Ferry to cross the IJ river to the EYE.
The free ferry departs from behind Amsterdam Central Station and carries pedestrians and cyclists across to the EYE. Take the middle two ferries, destination #Buiksloterweg. Ferries leave every six minutes between 07:00 – 20:00, every 12 minutes between 21:00 and 07:00. The crossing takes about four minutes. From the dock, turn left and it is a three-minute walk to the EYE Film Institute.
See below for a few suggestions for parking near Amsterdam Central Station:
Parking facilities in central Amsterdam
- De Bijenkorf - Beursplein 15 - 1012 JW Amsterdam
- De Kolk - Nieuwezijdse Kolk 18 - 1012 PV Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Centre - Prins Hendrikkade 20A - 1012 TL Amsterdam
- Oosterdok - Oosterdokskade 3 - 1011 AD Amsterdam
- Piet-Hein Garage - Piet Heinkade 59 - 1019 GM Amsterdam
- Amsterpark, near the Passenger Terminal
We look forward to seeing you all soon!